THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Eligibility: The Play With An Edge Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have attained the age of majority* in their province/territory of residence on or before the expiry of the Promotion Period (as defined below) and who are not employees of Callaway Golf Canada Ltd., (“Callaway Golf Canada” or “Sponsor”), or The Forzani Group Ltd., or Sport Chek International 2000 Ltd. also known as “Nevada Bob’s Golf” and “Golf Experts”(the “retail partner”), or their respective parent companies, or their respective affiliate or subsidiary companies, or their respective advertising and promotional agencies, or members of their respective immediate families. “Immediate families” is defined as a parent, sibling, child or spouse, regardless of where they reside. By registering for the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set in these Official Rules.
*Note: The age of majority is 19 years in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon Territories and 18 years in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan.
Callaway Golf Canada
250 Courtland Avenue
3. Timing: The Contest entry period begins on March 29, 2010 at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time) and ends on April 18, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time) (the “Promotion Period”). Callaway Golf Canada’s computer system is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, purchase any new 2010 Callaway product from an authorized Canadian Nevada Bob’s Golf or Golf Experts retail location and receive a special “Thank You” card with a unique Contest PIN code. Go online and visit mycallaway.ca/nevadabobscontest and enter the unique Contest PIN code from your Thank You card and a valid email address and you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Once you have entered the unique Contest PIN code from your Thank You card and a valid email address you will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Only those with a valid email address and a unique Contest PIN code are eligible to win.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Also, any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the individual assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Prize Drawing: The Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. On or around April 20, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. (Eastern Standard Time) the Sponsor will randomly select the potential Contest winner(s) for the allocated prizes from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The potential winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. To qualify as a winner, each potential winner will be required to correctly answer unaided a time-limited arithmetical skill-testing question administered by email. Each potential winner will also be required to sign and return to the Sponsor, within three (3) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Prize Winner Declaration Form in order to claim the designated prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Prize Winner Declaration Form within the required time period, that potential winner forfeits the designated prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
6. Prizes: All prizes are non-transferable and no substitution (cash or otherwise) will be made except as provided at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason.
Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”): There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won consisting of a $3,000 (CAD) Callaway shopping spree in a Nevada’s Bob’s Golf or Golf Experts retail location. The winner will visit a Nevada Bob’s Golf or Golf Experts location closest to their place of residence and select up to a maximum of $3,000 (CAD) (including applicable taxes) of Callaway® merchandise/ product. Only official Callaway® products are included. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,000 (CAD). Entry in this Contest constitutes each entrant’s agreement to comply with all laws. If the Contest winner wishes to purchase non-Callaway® merchandise or if the winner exceeds the allotted amount, all expenses over and above those listed in these Official Rules will be at the responsibility of the individual(s).
Gift With Purchase In-Store Only Offers (“Gift With Purchase”):
Purchase one (1) 2010 Callaway® Diablo Edge™ Driver and one (1) set of 2010 Callaway® Diablo Edge™ Irons and receive one (1) Diablo Edge™ Golf Bag. “Set of Irons” consist of eight (8) irons.
Purchase one (1) 2010 Callaway® Diablo Edge™ Driver or one (1) set of 2010 Callaway® Diablo Edge™ Irons and receive one (1) dozen Callaway® Big Bertha Diablo™ Golf Balls. “Set of Irons” consist of eight (8) irons.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
7. Release of Liability: Neither the Sponsor nor Nevada Bob’s Golf nor Golf Experts shall accept any responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the Contest itself. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless the Sponsor and Retail Partner and their respective affiliated and related companies and advertising and promotional agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or use or misuse of any prize won.
8. Publicity: By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, age, address, photograph, and likeness in any publicity related to this Contest carried out by the Sponsor, without compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, unless prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Callaway Golf Company or Callaway Golf Canada promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prizes offered in these Official Rules. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ontario without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. If any provision of these Official Rules is unenforceable, the unenforceability of that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of these Official Rules.
13. Winner’s List: The name of the Contest winners will be posted once they have been contacted and have returned a fully completed Prize Winner Declaration Form.
14. More Winners than Anticipated: If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Contest, there are more potential winners of prizes than contemplated in these rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.